Training employees can reduce wastage, keep staff motivated and enhance productivity.
Poor training costs UK businesses around £56bn a year. Furthermore, a total of 40% of workers who experience poor training leave their employment for a new role.
This workshop is designed to support you to deliver effective on the job training to small groups and individuals.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone responsible for instructing and training staff on the job to undertake practical tasks. This can include for example; setting and serving tables, cleaning a bedroom, displaying stock, stock rotation, using a till, cleaning, food prep, completing paperwork etc.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
This workshop has been designed to be highly interactive and includes:
- How to plan and structure a training session.
- How to adapt the training to the learner.
- Setting learning objectives.
- Breaking the training down into ‘small chunks’ supporting a step by step approach to instructing others.
- Using questions and active listening skills to guide the learner.
- Checking trainees’ understanding of how to complete the task.
- An opportunity to practice your skills.
During the workshop, you will be given the opportunity to put your learning into practice.
*You should bring along a task/activity that you can teach others to complete. (This can be job or non-job related).
This workshop costs £25 per person. Book via the link above.